Is Your Onn Tablet Screen Not Working? Try These 7 Effective Methods!
10tablets may earn an affiliate commission when you purchase through our links. Learn More
Is your Onn tablet screen not working as expected? It can be incredibly frustrating when your device’s display fails to respond or simply goes blank. Whether you rely on your tablet for work, entertainment, or staying connected, encountering screen issues can disrupt your daily routine. However, worry not! In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the potential causes behind the Onn tablet screen not working dilemma and provide practical solutions to help you get your device back on track. So, let’s dive in and uncover the steps to resolve this common problem with your Onn tablet.
Table of Contents
Common Causes of Onn Tablet Screen Not Working
Before we explore the different ways to fix the unresponsiveness of Onn tablet screens, it’s important to understand why this problem occurs in the first place. By identifying the root cause, you can take preventive measures to avoid encountering this issue again in the future.
- Hardware Malfunction: In some cases, a hardware malfunction may be responsible for the unresponsive screen on your Onn tablet. This can occur due to a faulty display component, loose connections, or physical damage to the screen itself.
- Software Glitches or Crashes: Software glitches or crashes can also lead to issues with the Onn tablet screen. If the operating system or the display driver encounters errors, it may result in a frozen or non-functional screen.
- Touch Screen Calibration Issues: Incorrect touch screen calibration can cause the Onn tablet’s display to stop responding. Misalignment between the touch sensors and the actual touch input may prevent the screen from accurately registering your touches.
- Battery or Power Problems: Insufficient battery charge or power-related issues can impact the functionality of the Onn tablet’s screen. If the battery is critically low or experiencing irregular power supply, it may cause the screen to turn off or become unresponsive.
- Physical Damage: Accidental drops, impacts, or exposure to moisture can physically damage the screen or internal components of the Onn tablet. Such physical damage can lead to screen issues like black spots, lines, or complete screen failure.
- Firmware or System Updates: Sometimes, firmware or system updates can introduce compatibility issues that affect the functionality of the Onn tablet’s screen. If a recent update is causing conflicts with the display drivers or other software components, it can result in screen-related problems.
- Overheating: Excessive heat buildup can impact the performance of electronic devices, including tablets. If the Onn tablet overheats, it may trigger a safety mechanism that shuts down or disables the screen temporarily to prevent further damage.
- Touchscreen Interference: External factors such as screen protectors, dirt, dust, or moisture on the screen surface can interfere with touch input, causing the Onn tablet screen not responding to touch altogether. Cleaning the screen or removing any obstructions might help resolve the issue.
- Hardware Button Issues: Faulty or stuck hardware buttons on the Onn tablet, such as the power or volume buttons, can impact the screen’s functionality. If these buttons are not working correctly, it may hinder the normal operation of the screen.
7 Methods to Fix Onn Tablet Screen Not Working
Following are the different methods that will guide you in getting your Onn tablet’s screen back in working order. Each method is explained in detail, allowing you to choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
Method 1: Force Restart or Reboot Your Onn Tablet
A force restart or reboot is a simple yet effective method to address Onn tablet touch screen not working issues. This process helps eliminate temporary software glitches or freezes that may be causing the unresponsiveness of the screen. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to perform a force restart or reboot on your Onn tablet.
- Identify the power button on your Onn tablet.
- Press and hold the power button for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- After holding the power button for the specified time, release it. The screen may momentarily go blank, indicating that the tablet is shutting down.
- Allow a few seconds to pass to ensure that the device has fully powered off.
- Press the power button once again to turn on the Onn tablet.
- Once the tablet powers back on, observe the touch screen to check if it is now responding properly. Test different areas of the screen by tapping or swiping to confirm functionality.
Method 2: Check the Battery and Charger
When encountering an Onn tablet not responding to touch, it’s important to ensure that the device has sufficient battery charge and is connected to a stable power source. By checking the battery level and the charger, you can rule out power-related issues as a potential cause. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to check the battery and charger of your Onn tablet.
- Plug the charger into a power outlet and connect it to your Onn tablet.
- Look for the charging indicator on the tablet’s screen. It should display a charging symbol or an indication that the device is receiving power.
- Leave the tablet connected to the charger for a few minutes and observe if the battery level increases. Check if the charging symbol changes or if the battery icon shows a charging animation.
- Ensure that the charging cable is securely connected to both the tablet and the charger. A loose or faulty connection can hinder proper charging and lead to touch screen unresponsiveness.
- If the tablet does not show any signs of charging, try using a different charger and power outlet. Sometimes, the charger or the power source may be the root cause of the problem.
- Leave the tablet connected to the charger for at least 30 minutes to allow sufficient time for the battery to recharge.
- After charging the tablet, disconnect it from the charger and test the touch screen for responsiveness. Check if the touch input is now recognized and if the Onn tablet is responding to touch properly.
Method 3: Clean the Tablet’s Screen
Cleaning the screen of your Onn tablet is an essential troubleshooting step when experiencing touch screen issues. Dust, fingerprints, or other debris can interfere with touch sensitivity, leading to an unresponsive screen. By following the step-by-step instructions below, you can effectively clean the tablet’s screen and potentially restore its touch functionality.
- Ensure that the tablet is powered off before cleaning the screen. This helps prevent accidental inputs during the cleaning process.
- Get a clean microfiber cloth. Avoid using rough or abrasive materials as they may scratch or damage the screen.
- Lightly dampen the microfiber cloth with water or a screen cleaning solution specifically designed for electronic devices. Then, gently wipe the tablet’s screen in a circular motion to remove any smudges, fingerprints, or dirt.
- Pay extra attention to areas of the screen that appear to be less responsive or where touch input is not recognized. Be gentle but thorough in cleaning those specific regions.
- After wiping the screen, use a dry section of the microfiber cloth to dry it thoroughly. Ensure that no moisture remains on the screen.
- Turn on the Onn tablet and test the touch screen to check if it has regained responsiveness. Try tapping and swiping different areas of the screen to verify its functionality.
Method 4: Perform a Touch Screen Calibration
Performing a touch screen calibration on your Onn tablet can help resolve touch screen not working issues caused by misalignment or inaccurate touch response. By following the steps below, you can recalibrate the touch screen and improve its responsiveness.
- Open the settings menu on your Onn tablet.
- Look for the “Display” or “Display Settings” option in the settings menu.
- Within the Display settings, search for the touch screen calibration option. It may be labeled as “Touch Sensitivity” or “Calibrate Touch Screen.”
- Tap on the touch screen calibration option and carefully follow the on-screen instructions provided by your tablet. Typically, the process involves tapping on specified targets or tracing patterns on the screen.
- Complete the touch screen calibration process as instructed. Ensure that you perform the calibration in a quiet and stable environment to avoid any interference.
- After the calibration is complete, test the touch screen to check if it is now working properly. Tap and swipe on different areas of the screen to verify its responsiveness.
Method 5: Check for Software Updates
Checking for software updates on your Onn tablet is an important step to address screen-related issues. Software updates often include bug fixes, improvements, and optimizations that can resolve problems affecting the tablet’s screen. Follow the below process to check for software updates and ensure your device is running the latest version.
- Access the settings menu on your Onn tablet.
- Look for the “Software Update” or “System Update” option in the settings menu.
- Tap on the software update or system update option to initiate the check for available updates.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen prompts to download and install it on your Onn tablet.
- Allow the tablet to complete the installation process. This may take a few minutes, and the device may restart during this time.
- After the installation is complete, go back to the settings menu and check the software version to ensure that your Onn tablet is running the latest available update.
Method 6: Free up RAM & Storage to Enhance Tablet Performance
Freeing up RAM (Random Access Memory) and storage space on your Onn tablet can help improve its overall performance, including the responsiveness of the touch screen. When the tablet’s memory and storage are overloaded, it can lead to sluggishness and touch screen not working issues. By following the below steps, you can easily free up RAM and storage on your Onn tablet.
- Close Unused Apps: Tap the recent apps button or use the app switcher to view the list of recently used apps. Swipe away or close any apps that you are no longer using to free up RAM.
- Clear App Cache: Open the settings menu and navigate to the “Apps” or “Applications” section. Select each app individually and tap on “Clear Cache” to remove temporary data that can consume storage space.
- Uninstall Unnecessary Apps: Identify and uninstall any apps that you no longer use or need. Go to the settings menu, select “Apps” or “Applications,” and choose the apps you want to uninstall. Tap on “Uninstall” to remove them from your tablet.
- Delete Unwanted Files: Use a file manager app or go to the settings menu to locate and delete unnecessary files such as old photos, videos, downloads, or documents. This helps free up storage space on the tablet.
- Move Files to External Storage: If your Onn tablet supports external storage, consider moving large files such as photos, videos, or documents to a microSD card or external storage device. This can help alleviate storage constraints.
- Restart Your Tablet: After performing the above steps, restart your Onn tablet to refresh the system and allow the changes to take effect. This can help optimize the tablet’s performance and improve touch screen responsiveness.
Method 7: Reset Your Onn Tablet to Factory Settings
If you’ve tried all the methods mentioned above and your Onn tablet screen is still unresponsive, you can try the factory reset method. It’s a thorough solution that addresses persistent screen issues. This process wipes out all data and settings, resetting the tablet to its original condition. It can be helpful in fixing complicated software problems that are causing the screen to malfunction. To perform a factory reset on your Onn tablet, you should follow this detailed guide. It will help you in efficiently performing the factory reset on your Onn tablet because it consists of different resetting methods.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why my Onn tablet won’t respond to touch?
There can be several reasons why your Onn tablet is not responding to touch. It could be due to software glitches, touch screen calibration issues, physical damage to the screen, or even low battery levels. Try to perform the above mentioned methods and your Onn tablet screen will start working.
How can I fix a frozen screen on my Onn tablet?
If your Onn tablet screen is frozen and unresponsive, you can try a force restart method. It can help resolve temporary software glitches causing the frozen screen.
Can a factory reset fix the unresponsive screen on my Onn tablet?
Yes, performing a factory reset on your Onn tablet can potentially fix an unresponsive screen. However, it is important to note that a factory reset erases all data and settings, returning the tablet to its original state. Before proceeding with a factory reset, ensure you have backed up any important data.
Encountering an unresponsive screen on your Onn tablet can be a frustrating experience, disrupting your productivity and enjoyment. In this comprehensive guide, we have explored various methods to troubleshoot and fix the Onn tablet screen not working issue. From simple methods like restarting the tablet and checking the battery, to more advanced techniques such as touch screen calibration and factory resetting, we have covered a range of solutions to address common causes of screen unresponsiveness. We hope that this guide has been helpful in troubleshooting your Onn tablet’s screen unresponsiveness.